*Please allow up to 8 weeks for delivery
The Right Spare Tire Kit Engineered Specifically For Your Volkswagen ID.4
We guarantee the Modern Spare Spare Tire kits to be the highest quality and best choice for your Volkswagen ID.4. Here is why:
To make your Modern Spare Kit incredibly simple to use, we designed an aluminum alloy wheel that is significantly lighter and more capable than a conventional steel counterpart. As a result, our spare wheel/tire combination is easier to handle. The low weight improves your Volkswagen ID.4’s performance and potential range when compared to a heavier full-sized spare. Also, to maintain excellent standards of quality, our alloy wheel meets or exceeds all the latest DOT highway safety standards.
In addition, each spare wheel is equipped with a durable space-saving tire with a DOT “M” speed rating indicating the tire is tested for a constant speed of 81mph. While it is wise to limit your speed to 50mph as some tire manufacturers state, we have chosen these “M” speed-rated tires knowing the tire’s strength and capability exceed that of normal use. This ensures that the tire is durable and well-built.
This, along with having the proper overall rolling diameter for your vehicle, will allow you to travel the needed distance to a repair shop you trust with your vehicle.
To make our Spare Tire Kit better for your ID.4, we considered the frustrations that come with typical spare tire tools. As an example, most scissor jacks are difficult to use and do not provide the needed leverage to easily lift your car. We solved this problem by developing a custom, low-profile scissor jack with a unique ratcheting handle mechanism. This handle provides the required leverage to easily lift your VW and lower it safely. We have carefully designed our jack to lift your ID.4 properly at the designated lift points.
If you find a stubborn or overtightened lug nut, our Modern Spare telescoping lug wrench provides nearly two feet of leverage. You’ll be able to easily remove and retighten your lug nuts to quickly get back on the road.
And something worth noting, modern vehicles have very specific lift points for proper jack placement. More importantly, your vehicle requires a specific jack type to properly lift the car. In other words, the type of head on the jack is critically important for proper use, whereas a typical generic or universal jack will simply not do. We design our scissor jacks in-house and specific to each make and model we support.
As a forethought, we included a full-size, thick plastic tire bag. Transporting a full-size flat tire and wheel can be messy. Therefore, placing the large plastic tire bag over the failed tire will help protect your car’s interior.
Modern Spare wants to be the best manufacturer and provider of complete spare tire kits hands-down. We have approached our Modern Spare designs from every angle. This ensures that our customers have the best user experience possible with the best product possible.
*The overall diameter of our spare tire and wheel combination is sized to be right and correct for your vehicle’s drivetrain. This is a critical design feature for proper function and use. As such, if your vehicle has an existing spare tire storage space, the spare may not fit in that space. Please consider our carrying case option as a convenient alternative.
Please reach out to any of our helpful staff for questions and assistance.
- 3 Kit Options To Choose From For Your Volkswagen ID.4 (Click “Choose An Option” Below)
- 18×4 Aluminum Alloy Wheel With 5x112M Bolt Pattern.
- Ready-To-Use, Fully Compatible With ALL Factory Wheel Size Options (See Video Below).
- Kumho T155/90R18 W/A DOT Rating Of 113M And A 29” Rolling Diameter For Safe Extended Vehicle Use.
- Enlarged Clearance For Use With Large Modern Brake Systems. Safe To Use For Replacement Of Front & Rear Tires
- Available Complete Kit To Quickly & Efficiently Replace A Blown Or Flat tire with all necessary tools included.
- Complete Kit Features Our 4000 LB TruLift Ratcheting Scissor Jack With The Proper Contact Point Specific To Your Model.
- Complete Kit Also Features Our Modern Spare 14” – 21” Telescoping Lug Wrench With 17MM, 19MM, 21MM, & 22MM Sockets and Large Disposable Tire Bag Included For Transporting Failed Full-Sized Tire.
- All Kits Available With Heavy-duty, Nylon Reinforced Carrying Case.*